Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ducks and Surface

I wanted to show Dennis that we have ducks too, now that we are at Lakepoint Resort State Park. DSC07228DSC07229DSC07230

 

In addition, I wanted to comment about the Technology Reviews that are in all of the news reports in USA Today, Huffington Post, NBC News, Orlando Sentinel, and the Washington Post (I only read free newspapers on my Droid Razr HD and Kindle Fire HD.  Ninety-nine percent of the articles are about how great iPhones, Androids and iPads are, and how horrible anything Microsoft makes. 

Finally, there have been two articles about how great Microsoft’s Surface Tablets are.  The first was by the Associated Press describing the good things about a tablet that can be used for work instead of just for email and play.  The second article states that Delta Airlines has chosen the Surface 2 for its pilots (11,000 of them).  Since for my own computing I need Microsoft Office, Quicken, Picasa, Turbo Tax and other tax software, plus Family Tree Maker, I am not able to use Apple products without spending a lot of money to buy all new software.  The android tablets do not run this software, and Amazon won’t even let the Kindle run as much as the Androids because it has proprietary internet access.

That is my rant for the day.

Hugs, and Type at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment