Sunday, May 17, 2015

2015-05-17

Tuesday, the 12th, morning I found that we only had 2 gigabytes of data left until the 17th. So I turned off our wifi, and I turned off data on my phone.

After breakfast, we drove in to Brookings-Harbor to get a picture of the Pelican Bay Lighthouse. It is a privately built and owned lighthouse. The Coast Guard does maintain an operating light in its window. 20150512 Pelican Bay Lighthouse Brookings-Harbor, OR.

After lunch we drove to Gold Beach to a shop with Myrtlewood products. Marilyn found a bowl and a napkin holder.

On the way back to the house we stopped for pictures of:  Arch Rock 201505122015051220150512, Natural Bridges 2015051220150512, and Brandy tastings at Brandy Peak Distillery IMG_611720150512 Brandy Peak Distillery, Brookings, OR.

On Wednesday, the 13th, we had lunch with Brenda Molina and Rocky Lassiter at La Flor Mexican Restaurant in Brookings-Harbor, OR. Brenda was born in Hawaii. and met Rocky while he was stationed there. We had met them at the Elks in Eureka, CA. Marilyn is now friends with Brenda on Facebook.

On Thursday the 14th, we moved the house to Schroeder County Park in Grants Pass, OR. Marilyn took a couple of pictures of the view out our dinette window at lunch. DSC03160DSC03161.

On Friday, the 15th, we drove the Jeep to Medford, OR so I could shop for a new printer and we could have lunch at In-and-Out which was not open due to re-construction. We actually had another good lunch at Subway. I had been looking for a Color Laser Multi-function Printer that I had seen on sale in Eureka. Unfortunately it was no longer on sale. The functions I want that are hard to find in a small cheap laser printer are being able to scan and print on both sides of the paper. The Brother MFC 9340 povided all functions I wanted at $350 while we were in California, but now that we are in Oregon with no sales tax the cost is $450. Oh well, there will be other sales.

On Saturday, the 16th, I spent most of the day organizing pictures for my Family Tree Maker program and Ancestry.com. Marilyn cleaned, etc.

Today, the 17th, we turned the internet back on. We also drove the jeep back down US 199 in order to drive to the Oregon Caves National Monument. DSC03162DSC03163. We took the 90 minute tour inside the cave with its 500 uneven stair steps and 44 degree temperature. DSC03165DSC03167. There were some interesting formations. Of course pictures in the dark are not the same as in sunlight. 20150517_13104220150517_132503. It made for an interesting afternoon. We had good lunches in the Lodge Café. I had a Reuben, and Marilyn had a salmon burger.

Type at you later.

4 comments:

  1. The Northwest is my favorite area of this wonderful country.....enjoy doubly for me....have cousins in Sequim (pronounced Squim) Washington... their weather is great all year and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.....hoping to visit them again some day. Spent considerable time in Enumclaw also.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been very busy. I think everyone stays at the Eureka Elks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oregon was the state that we were going to drive straight through. We stayed more than a week. I'm having trouble with adding pictures to our Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys the Cave sounded all good to me until I saw the 500 UNEVEN steps. Glad you took a few photos. Thats probably all I will see of it. Sorry about the printer situation.

    ReplyDelete