Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Monday, November 12, 2012 to Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Monday, November 12, we moved the motorhome from Bushnell, FL to Port Orange, FL on the East Coast.  We are parked in Daytona Beach RV Resort.  (Last January, we went to the Tampa RV Super Show where we picked up a coupon for a month at a Carefree Resort for $200 plus electric.  The sites are not big, but the price is right).  Larry & Carolyn Jarvis are our next door neighbors for the month.  We started of right with an afternoon beer, and dinner together.

Tuesday, Marilyn and I walked the campground – up, down and around for about 3 miles in the morning. I worked on the chapter 57 membership.  Then we drove to Regions bank so Larry J could make a chapter 57 deposit.  We went for a ride up A1A with a stop at WalMart.  We were able to sit out for Happy Hour because the weather was so nice.

Wednesday, the 14th, Marilyn and I walked another 3 miles in the AM (Clyde Morris Blvd has nice sidewalks, and long blocks between lights).  Larry and Larry got the books caught up for chapter 57, and we grilled pork chops for dinner.

Thursday, the 15th.  Another 3 mile walk.  The weather has turned cool, and misty.  I started working on new websites for the chapters – free sites at, similar to Cindy Devonshire’s – she is the one who suggested Weebly to me.  For dinner, we went to Martin’s Restaurant & Lounge at 2000 South Oceanshore Blvd in Flagler Beach for some of the best prime rib available anywhere.  The regular cut is thick and so big that the 4 of us each brought half home.  Of course we didn’t bring any of the salad, baked potato or veggies home with us.  We plan a return trip before our month at Daytona Beach is over.

Friday the 16th through Sunday the 18th.  The weather continued cool, but we still were able to walk our 3 miles.  Marilyn and Carolyn shopped the area’s thrift stores.  Larry & Larry started computer shopping, and Larry Jarvis bought a replacement for his old XP.  We found an 17 inch HP with Windows 8, 4g of ram, and a 500g hard drive in the right price range.  Of course we both have to learn to use Win 8 on his machine.

Monday, the 19th.  More cool and misty weather – not the beach weather we ordered.  Worked on setting up Larry’s computer.  Marilyn wrapped xmas gifts so we can get them in the mail.  I managed to get Larry’s old printer to work with Win 8.  In the afternoon, we toured the Daytona Beach chocolate factory – wonderful samples.

Tuesday the 20th.  I managed to load MS Office 2003 on Larry’s new computer.  In the afternoon, Healthy Tanks of Titusville, FL came to give our Phaeton a colonoscopy.  Stuff came out, and the monitor lights work again.  We had received a certificate at last year’s SKP ACRE fir the service.  They do a nice job, and even flushed our hot waster tank.  It was time for another dinner out, so, after a winey happy hour, we went to Manny’s Pizza House in Daytona Beach because we had coupons.  The lasagna and spaghetti were delicious, and Marilyn and I have leftovers for Wednesday night.  After dinner we shopped at Target.

Wednesday, the 21st.  We had to get up early and drive back to Tavares, FL for my 10:30 sleep doctor appointment – no problems – see you next fall.  Then we drove to Southeast Power Systems in Orlando.  Our US Gear Auxiliary Brake System in the Jeep had quit working in early October when we were in Blairsville, GA.  It was an electrical power unit – $200 plus installation in just a few minutes.  Then we drove back to Daytona Beach.  Definitely a Manhattan night.

No comments:

Post a Comment